French toast is usually a staple weekend breakfast in many family homes! This recipe steps up the nutrition of French toast with added Flax – a great source of Omega 3. Omega 3’s are excellent for brain development, especially in kids! Serve up this delicious French toast with fruit and a tall glass of milk to ensure you are getting a nutritious balanced meal.
Cinnamon French Toast Crunch
- 6 slice – bread, whole wheat
- 3 large – egg
- 1/4 cup – milk
- 3 tablespoon – flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon – cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, flax meal and cinnamon.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Dunk each piece of bread into the mixture and immediately transfers to a hot pan.
- Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Server with your favorite fruit and milk to ensure you have a balanced meal!
- Make extra servings on the weekend to freeze for easy weekday morning meals!
Recipe and Image Sourced from: http://www.superhealthykids.com/cinnamon-crunch-french-toast/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.