Enjoy some time in the kitchen with your kids making this neat recipe. It makes a perfect snack and includes 2 of the 4 Food Groups. Make up a large batch to have on hand for kids mid-afternoon snacks.
Frozen Blueberry and Yogurt Sticks
- Kebab Sticks
- Greek yogurt
- Baking paper
- Large container
- Large plate
- Thread blueberries on to the kebab stick.
- Place on a plate and lather with yogurt. Rolling the blueberries into the yogurt works well.
- Line a freezer safe container (large encourage to fit the length of a kebab) with baking paper. Lay each kebab down, allowing enough space in-between so they don’t get stuck.
- Freeze for at least a couple of hours.
- Eat immediately when removed from freezer.
Recipe and image sourced from: www.beafunmum.com
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.