Today marks the first day of National Nutrition Month! This year’s slogan from Dietitians of Canada is “Take a 100 meal journey. Make small changes one meal at a time.” The goal of the campaign is to provide information and guidance to make it a little easier for Canadians to improve diet quality and decrease quantity. Think about it: Canadians eat about 100 meals each month. Making small changes to these 100 meals will support healthier meals overall.
Here are some small changes you can make at your KES Club and at home:
- Take the challenge to make positive changes to your meals this month!
- Serve fruit and vegetables with every meal
- Serve milk with every meal
- Choose balanced portions at each meal
- Try something new this month – add a new item to your KES Club menu!
Check out Dietitians of Canada’s website for a ton of great resources: http://www.dietitians.ca/Your-Health/Nutrition-Month/Campaign-Materials.aspx
Stay tuned to our Social Media Networks @KidsEatSmartNL for more tips and tricks to making small changes one meal at a time!
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.