Although winter has come our way for hopefully the last time this year – let’s take our minds to a nice tropical place with this delicious fruit salad recipe. Serve this at your KES Club this week or at home to get kids in the spirit of warm weather and sunshine!
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1 cup – pineapple
- 1 medium – mango
- 3/4 cup – strawberries
- 2 medium – kiwi
- 1/4 cup – coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon – mint, fresh
- 1 medium – lime
- Whole Wheat Baked Pita or Whole Grain Triscuits
- Chop pineapple, mango, strawberries, kiwi and mint.
- Juice lime.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients together.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Serve with whole wheat baked pita chips or Whole Grain Triscuits.
- Refrigerate any remaining salsa in a sealed container for up to two days.
Try this with some whole wheat baked pitta chips for a fun change to your breakfast menu!
Recipe and image sourced from: http://www.superhealthykids.com/tropical-fruit-salsa/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation Newfoundland and Labrador.