Now that Winter is here having a warm breakfast at school makes KES Breakfast Club more important. Sitting around with friends enjoying a warm breakfast brings comfort to our kids. Try serving up this delicious Oatmeal Breakfast Buffet at your KES Club this year.
Oatmeal Breakfast Bar
- 3 cups Rolled Oats (or Steel Cut or GF Rolled Oats)
- 6 cups Milk (or Almond Milk or Water)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Oatmeal buffet toppings:
- Fresh Fruit (Strawberries, bananas, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, frozen fruit, etc)
- Nuts and Seeds (that are not allergenic in your KES Club)
- Dried Fruits (Apricots, cranberries, raisins, coconut, cherries, etc)
- Spices (Cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, vanilla, etc)
- Vanilla yogurt or milk for some extra creaminess
- Cook oatmeal according to package. Place ingredients in bowls with utensils and let students serve themselves, add toppings of choice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: http://www.modernhoney.com/the-oatmeal-love-bar/
Kristin Hedges is a Registered Dietitian with Kids Eat Smart Foundation NL.